Vital Decosterstraat 67 bus A
T: +32 16 31 91 34
Registered with the Crossroads Bank of Enterprises under company number 0840.164.411.
Crossbridge is an independent pioneer in coaching, recruitment and HR consulting, focusing solely on last-year students and young graduates. Crossbridge has developed the Shortlist Platform, which is an online platform available on the Website and aimed at youngsters who are seeking guidance towards the job market.
Crossbridge is committed to protecting the privacy of all of its Users’ Personal Data and providing a secure, user-controlled environment for the use of the Platform in accordance with the applicable Legislation. At the same time, you also share responsibility for maintaining privacy and security— for example, by not allowing any Third Party to use or access your Account.
Crossbridge would like to ask its Users to be responsible for safeguarding any personal or confidential information and to promptly notify Crossbridge in writing of any (suspected) unauthorized use of your Account.
2. Information we collect
We may collect several types of Personal Data from the Users of our Platform, and store it on our servers located in the European Economic Area, such as:
- - Contact information (i.e. your name, date of birth, e-mail address, and mobile or other telephone number and postal address);
- - Information related to your education (i.e. university, study program, graduation year);
- - Information provided by you on your resume uploaded on the Platform ;
- - The profile data provided by you on your Account (i.e. your professional skills and password);
- - Any data linked to or resulting from any Coaching Services provided by Crossbridge to you (including but not limited to the results of any test performed by you on the Platform);
- - Information provided in helpdesk support inquiries;
- - Information provided by you in any User Content;
- - Web behaviour information such as information related to how the Users use the Platform (e.g. browser type, domains, page views) collected through cookies and other automated technology (cfr. section 5 “Cookies”)
3. How your Personal Data is processed – Purpose of the processing
Crossbridge (i) collects, (ii) uses, (iii) maintains and (iv) may share your Personal Data provided by you or collected by us with its affiliates, parent companies or other related companies for all purposes necessary to ensure the proper functioning and operation of your Account and/or the proper functioning of the Platform. Crossbridge may share your Personal Data provided by you or collected by us for all purposes necessary to provide or maintain the Licensed Technology. These purposes may include (collectively the “Purpose”):
- - Creating and managing your Account to use the Platform;
- - Providing information and allowing the Users to have access to the Platform and their Account;
- - Diagnosing technical problems and managing technical support and processing inquiries concerning the Platform;
- - Performing data analyses (including anonymisation and aggregation of Personal Data) to obtain information on how the Licensed Technology is used and its performance. Data analyses may also be performed for scientific research and publications in cooperation with academic partners;
- - The operation, evaluation and improvement of the Licensed Technology (including the development of additional products and/or services, enhancing and improving the Licensed Technology, analysis of our Platform, quality control activities and performing internal business functions such as accounting and auditing);
- - Protecting against, identify and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities;
- - Commercializing the Platform;
By using the Platform you acknowledge and explicitly agree that Crossbridge may contact you for job opportunities matching your profile. Only when you explicitly confirm your interest in an opportunity (spoken or written), Crossbridge may disclose your personal data to the concerned Employer.
Furthermore, you agree that Crossbridge is free to access, retain, and disclose Personal Data in the following events:
- - In order to be in compliance with any applicable legislation or regulations;
- - If a law enforcement authority or other government official requests so;
- - The investigation of any suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity; and
- - To protect your or our safety and/or rights.
Please note that Crossbridge will not use your Personal Data for any direct marketing activities.
Crossbridge shall process your Personal Data in a manner that ensures appropriate security of your Personal Data, including unauthorized or unlawful processing of any Personal Data or its accidental loss, destruction or damage, access, disclosure or use, implementing all appropriate administrative, technical and organizational measures.
In the event of and following discovery or notification of a Personal Data breach that is likely to result in a high risk to the rights and freedoms of natural persons, Crossbridge shall communicate such Personal Data breach to you without undue delay, as required by the Regulation. In the event of a Personal Data breach, Crossbridge shall provide you at least the following information: (i) the likely consequences of the data breach and (ii) any measures taken by Crossbridge to remedy or mitigate the data breach.
The information we collect in this manner includes IP address, browser characteristics, device characteristics, operating system version, information on actions taken on our Platform(such as usage, activity logs and click-throughs), and dates and times of visits. Log data is promptly deleted on a regular basis.
6. Disclosure to Third Parties
We may also share Personal Data with Third Party service providers who help us to provide, understand, commercialize and improve our Platform. We do not authorize these Third Party service providers to use or disclose your Personal Data except as strictly necessary to perform any services under our supervision or to comply with applicable legislation. We seek to provide any such Third Party service provider with only the Personal Data they need to perform their specific function.
7. Your rights
Right of access
If you are concerned or have any questions about your Personal Data, you have the right to request access to the Personal Data which we hold or process about you. We will then provide you with information about the data that are being processed and on the source of those data.
Right to rectification and right of erasure
You have the right to obtain from Crossbridge without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate Personal Data concerning you. Taking into account the purposes of the processing, you shall have the right to have incomplete Personal Data completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement.
Furthermore, you have the right to request us free of charge to correct, erase or block without undue delay any inaccuracies in your Personal Data if such Personal Data would be incomplete, inaccurate, no longer be necessary in relation to the purposes for which they have been collected or processed or processed unlawfully.
Please note that you can change or update your Account information at any time on the following page www.myshortlist.be/profile.
Right to restriction of processing
You shall have the right to obtain from Crossbridge restriction of the processing of Personal Data as set forth in Article 18 of the Regulation.
Right to object to data processing
You may withdraw your consent to the processing of your Personal Data by Crossbridge at any time. Please note that withdrawing your consent implies that you can no longer use any of the Licensed Technology.
You may also ask us to stop using your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes.
Data retention and deletion
In the event you have registered for an Account, please note that we retain your Personal Data even if you temporarily stop using such Account, until you permanently delete your Account. Upon deletion of the Account, we may retain and continue to use and disclose your Personal Data to Employers unless you would notify us in writing that you no longer want us to use and disclose your Personal Data to Employers.
Right to data portability
You shall have the right to receive the Personal Data concerning him or her, which he or she has provided to Crossbridge, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those Personal Data to another controller without hindrance from Crossbridge. In exercising your right to data portability, you shall have the right to have your Personal Data transmitted directly from one Data Controller to another, where technically feasible.
8. Third Party websites or applications
You acknowledge and agree that certain content or services provided by Third Parties may be made available to you through the Platform or your Account. You agree that such linked content or services may have their own privacy policies for which Crossbridge cannot be held responsible. Crossbridge does not in any way review or endorse the privacy practices of such Third Parties.
- - “Data Controller” means the physical or legal person, which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of Personal Data;
- - “Personal Data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, and more specifically the information as mentioned under section 2;
- - “Regulation” means the Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and free movement of such data;
- - “Third Parties” means any natural or legal person or entity other than Crossbridge.